Fall and winter are my favorite time of year since moving to Texas. I don’t mind spring, because I love the rainy season, but I love the light that fall and winter have and I don’t mind the shorter days.
Some goals for October:
- To get somewhere (Oklahoma, Arkansas, East Texas, San Antonio, etc.) with changing fall color and enjoy a few minutes of it. If not the places in parenthesis, maybe even all the way up to Washington – still trying to work that into a reality.
- Since I can’t seem to give up the things I love in terms of food, I am setting a portion control goal. Despite hiking a lot, I’m not really staying very healthy. Less food, more exercise between hikes.
- Continue to work on my GIS skills – I have a few courses left for refreshing, hopefully I can get my ESRI program to work.
- I’m going to find a place to volunteer my time – probably with trail building.
- I’m going to take a few classes at REI to learn more about some outdoor stuff.